Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sounds To Make You Shiver - Soma Records

I confess, I am guilty of a mild deception. On Monday, October 19th, 2009 I posted the cover for the late 60s Soma label version of the most familiar to the most people(with the probable exception of Chilling, Thrilling Sounds Of The-)haunted house record, Sounds To Make You Shiver. However, the sound share I shared was actually the 70s Pickwick re-issue. I just pasted the cover I liked best(both came from the webnet)at the top of the post, never dreaming there could also be a sonic difference between the two releases. Well, though slight, there is. On Side One, at least. Since I acquired this earlier version of STMYS early in the year, I now know this. All images are my own...this time. Have Fun spotting the differences!
For Obsessive Monsters Only!...