Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kay Martin and Her Bodyguards


If Les Paul played the accordian and Mary Ford had done topless modeling...Here's my own, personal copy of Kay Martin and Her Bodyguards, sounding better than previously offered elsewhere for downloadin'. I can't recommend this lp enough! "The Heel", "Swamp Girl" and "Baby, Did You Hear" will blow yer mind and she does a great version of "Summertime" too, it's all good, the cotton is high,
oh my, so am I!...
For more info on Kay, well, there's not much out there. Songs from one album tend to show up on another. Besides the Christmas record I've grabbed files for three other records but two had the same songs on them and one was only half-new. I've seen six album covers in all. I've seen the Live at Las Vegas lp with two different covers but I suspect the contents are the same. There is at least one 45 floating around out there too...